Ruf Estimates™ Kids IQ Test
The Ruf Estimates™ Kids IQ Test will tell you how your child compares to others in general learning ability as well as levels of strength within his or her profile of abilities. Your child’s results will be charted, identifying estimated strengths in five areas: overall intelligence, fluid reasoning, verbal abilities, quantitative reasoning abilities, and spatial abilities.
The Ruf Estimates Online Assessment is composed of 21 pages of questions followed by assessment results indicating your child's Ruf Estimates of Levels of Gifted plus 8-10 pages of detailed and insightful information around your child's Educational and Social Needs, School Options, Action Plan, and more.
What are the Ruf Estimates™ of Levels of Gifted?
Developed for Dr. Ruf’s own professional use over more than 10 years, the Ruf Estimates™ are based on certain developmental milestones and behaviors and are divided into a spectrum of Five Levels which describe intellectual strengths between mildly to profoundly gifted.
The Ruf Estimates™ have proven to work very well at predicting ability levels and profiles in five areas: overall intelligence, fluid reasoning, verbal abilities, quantitative reasoning abilities, and spatial abilities. (Learn More)
Why would I use the Ruf Estimates™ Online Assessment?
- The Ruf Estimates are intended to serve as an inexpensive yet valuable screening for parents trying to decide if formal IQ testing is warranted. The Ruf Estimates do not replace a formal professional assessment.
- The Ruf Estimates are a sensible first step prior to formal IQ testing which can cost up to $1000 depending upon where you live, the expertise of the test administrator, and the depth and quality of the report of findings.
- The Ruf Estimates are a useful low-cost approach for families with several children wanting to know the relative strengths of each.
- The Ruf Estimates are accurate for determining intellectual Levels identification regardless of the child’s current age if the parents have retained good records of early childhood behaviors.
What will the Ruf Estimates™ Online Assessment tell me?
- The Online Assessment will tell you how your child compares to others in general learning ability as well as levels of strength within his or her profile of abilities in five areas: overall intelligence, fluid reasoning, verbal abilities, quantitative reasoning abilities, and spatial abilities.
- Selecting the appropriate school and learning environment for your child
- Understanding your child's social and emotional needs
- Guiding you with an action plan for your child's education, social and emotional needs
- Plus helpful resources and interesting facts
Note: You will be able to access your Ruf Assessment results through your personal TalentIgniter account as well as print it out at anytime.
Is there an age requirement for using the Ruf Estimates™ Online Assessment?
The Ruf Estimates™ are appropriate for any child six and older whose parents have kept good records or have good memories for the early milestones. In the case of children who are clearly exceptionally intellectually advanced, parents can complete the form for a child as young as age three.
Any system requirements?
System requirements include: web browser (Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari) that support Flash and computer screen with minimum 1024x768 resolution.
Here's a quick summary of the main assessment steps and results: (click on image to enlarge)
Need to learn more? Read the FAQs on the Ruf Estimates™ Online Assessment.